Wednesday, February 16, 2011

a valentines day quicky

first off, get your brain out of the gutter! *confession: i titled it that so your brain would go to the gutter and then i would get to call you back from said gutter!* i know it's two days late, but hey that's how i roll. so yeah. if you don't want to read ooey gooey, mushy, lovey stuff you can just high tail it outta here!

we spent most of the day basking in the loving glow that is our family. we gazed lovingly into each other's eyes and said things like "you complete me" and "i can not imagine my life without you in it." the baby went down perfectly and dave and i had perfect husband wife time.

wait, what? oh, i'm sorry. i must have started typing out the synopsis of my sure-to-be-a-blockbuster chick flick. that is sooooo not how our day went down.

i actually spent the day in my pajamas with a little that did the same. we had two diaper blowouts and a leaky nap time pee diaper. i hadn't had a shower in two days and i can't remember if i brushed my teeth or not. it was pure elegance in that you-better-tell-me-i'm-elegant-or-i'm-going-to-rip-your-face-off type of way. at least i got a good kiss that morning!

dave went out later that day to pick up his check. i wasn't expecting anything, but this dude sure made my day! he gets me in a way that no one else does. and boy does he listen! he remembers things that i say that i don't even remember saying. like how i only like zero bars when i have a&w root beer to drink with it. and how pink and purple are my favorite colors and that i can't decide which one i like better. and how daisies are friendly flowers. and nerd candy is my secret obsession.

anyway i hear his truck pull into the driveway and in he walks. he closes all the blinds and tells me to sit on the couch and not move. he comes and gets me a few minutes later. this is what i saw!



pink and yellow gerber daisies, my favorite coffee (whole bean eight o'clock coffee - french roast), heavy whipping cream for my coffee, and my secret coffee splurge (starbucks frappuccino).

i'm not a rose kind of girl. they are lovely, but if you're going to get me flowers, daisies are the way to go. i never buy whole bean coffee and whipping cream anymore. that's what a tight budget will do. i will always love the coffee ritual of grinding your own beans, waiting for the machine to stop brewing (or actually just brew enough to pour a cup) and then mixing in the heavy whipping cream. if you have never used whipping cream as creamer, you are missing out. and secret splurges are just that. only certain people know that you like them. i'm not a coffee snob, but normally i don't go for the sweet, sweet stuff. but he knows i like them every now and then.

he's a keeper!

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog because you found mine yesterday. I surfed around and like what I see! The peanut butter bomb looks nom and your little is adorable. Here's to new bloggy friends (and a band nerd at heart)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you are surprised by such sweetness ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah! please write more! i was just getting hooked on your blog and now i need more.

    ReplyDelete